Conor McGregor vs Khabib Nurmagomedov By the Numbers
Reed Kuhn, author of "Fightnomics," offers some intriguing statistics about the two fighters competing in the UFC 229 main event, Conor McGregor and Khabib Nurmagomedov.
The first three graphs tell the following story:
1. These are two of the most dominant fighters in the division... but in very different ways.
2. Clearly Conor's striking is among the best.
3. While Khabib's grappling is dominant.
Other graphs show similar stylistic contrast between the two.
The final two charts are on career Betting Returns for the two fighters.
About the Author
Brian Hemminger has been involved in MMA since 2007, and is highly regarded for his well-researched and knowledgeable interviews. He has hosted The Verbal Submission MMA podcast for three years and was a staff writer at MMAmania.com from 2011 to 2013 with an extensive background in live coverage, fight previews and post-fight analysis.
More articles from this author
- Bellator 109's Alexander Shlemenko: 'I see myself winning by knockout as fast as possible'
- MMA Oddsbreaker Rankings Update
- Rallying the MMA Community: The Matt Grice Donation Fund
- Exclusive: Bellator 100's Rick Hawn ready to bring out the inner beast tonight
- Exclusive: Bellator 100's Ben Saunders extremely confident with guardian angel Bobby Robare in his corner