BAMMA Fight Night London: McKee vs. Brazier Opening Odds Reactions
BAMMA Fight Night London: McKee vs. Brazier takes place Thursday, June 28 at York Hall in London, England. The opening odds for the card were recently released by the offshore sportsbooks, and here they are.
BAMMA Fight Night London: McKee vs. Brazier Opening Odds
Terry Brazier -185
Rhys McKee +145
Chi Lewis Parry -825
Lukasz Paroblec +475
David Khalsa -150
John Nicholls +110
Mike Hales -280
Anthony Taylor +200
Jahreau Shepherd -400
Karl Donaldson +280
Akonne Wanliss -215
Kingsley Crawford +165
Elliott Hoye -130
Adrian Molenda -110
Jefferson George -160
James Reedman +120
And here are my initial reactions to the opening odds:
- The main event sees Rhys McKee look to make his first successful title defense as the BAMMA lightweight champion when he takes on Terry Brazier, who is the BAMMA welterweight champion moving down a weight class in this superfight. McKee (7-1-1) is a product of Northern Ireland and has impressed since bursting onto the scene in 2015. Almost all of his pro fights have come under the BAMMA banner and he has an impressive 6-1-1 record in the promotion with all of his professional wins coming via stoppage. He's a pressure-based fight who constantly comes after his opponents and he has a strong offensive striking game and can take his opponents down. I am worried about his takedown defense and his cardio but if he can improve those aspects of his game he will be a force to be reckoned with. Brazier (9-1) has won eight-straight fights and has a record of 4-0 in BAMMA. The Brit is the welterweight champion of BAMMA who has made multiple title defenses and will be looking to win another belt in a lower weight class. Like McKee, he's an aggressive fighter with a well-rounded offensive game who lacks in his defense. Honestly, I was impressed by the offense from these guys from what I saw on the tape, but wow, both men have some serious holes in their defense and it will catch up to them eventually. For this particular fight, I just can't see it going five rounds. Personally, I lean towards Brazier here if he can make the weight. He'll be the bigger fighter and I believe he's a bit more durable, and I'll take him to get the finish in a back-and-forth fight.
- The heavyweight bout between outspoken prospect Chi Lewis-Perry and Lukasz Paroblec should be good as well. Perry (6-0, 1 NC) has won all six of his professional bouts via stoppage, with the No Contest coming in his last fight when he knocked his opponent out with illegal 12-6 elbows. The 34-year-old veteran of GLORY kickboxing is a big, powerful heavyweight with a wealth of professional combat sports experience. He recently returned to MMA after a four-year break and with a couple big wins in BAMMA I guarantee you either the UFC or Bellator will try and sign him as he's a strong and powerful guy who can be a potential needle mover in England. He is just getting his feet wet in BAMMA and in MMA in general. Paroblec (13-7) has lost his last two fights via knockout and has been finished five times overall which is concerning. Offensively he has some finishing ability and he does have a lot of experience, but he's an older guy and it seems obvious he is being brought in to lose. I like Lewis-Perry to dominate this fight and get a quick knockout, but that shouldn't be a surprise considering what the line looks like. I just can't see him losing this fight.
- The BAMMA Youtube page is recommended as it contains a number of full fights for fighters competing on this card, so if you want to do your due dillegence for this card I recommend checking those out. The link is here. Aside from the two fights I wrote about, most of the other fights on the card features fighters with minimal professional experience. There may be some hidden value amongst the underdogs, but it's hard to say considering many of these guys just don't have much of a track record.
Tags: opening odds
About the Author
Mixed martial arts journalist. Lead writer for MMAOddsbreaker.com and also featured at @MMARatingsNet, @mmanews_com and @fightodds_io.
More articles from this author
- Bellator 109 Sneak Peek: Rick Hawn (-450) vs. Ron Keslar (+330)
- Bellator 109 Sneak Peak: Alexander "Tiger" Sarnavskiy (-195) vs. Will Brooks (+160)
- MMA Betting Odds and Ends for Tuesday, January 22
- MMA Odds and Ends for Monday: Mitrione Suspended By UFC
- UFC Fight Night 40 Opening Odds Breakdown: Erick Silva vs. Matt Brown