MMA Odds and Ends for Monday: Max Holloway out of UFC 222 against Frankie Edgar
Holloway vs Edgar is off of UFC 222
The biggest MMA news of the weekend was reported by ESPN Saturday morning. Reigning UFC Featherweight Champion Max Holloway is injured and out of his planned title defense against former lightweight champion Frankie Edgar. This is the second time the Holloway/Edgar fight has been delayed after Edgar pulled out of the original meeting late last year.
Holloway reportedly suffered a leg injury in training, forcing his withdrawal. UFC is currently looking for a replacement headlining bout for the pay-per-view.
UFC Fight Night 125 Highlights
Lyoto Machida vs Eryk Anders
Valentina Shevchenko vs Priscila Cachoeira
Thiago Santos vs Anthony Smith
Polyana Viana vs Maia Stevenson
Iuri Alcantara vs Joe Soto
About the Author
More articles from this author
- Bellator 109's Alexander Shlemenko: 'I see myself winning by knockout as fast as possible'
- MMA Oddsbreaker Rankings Update
- Rallying the MMA Community: The Matt Grice Donation Fund
- Exclusive: Bellator 100's Rick Hawn ready to bring out the inner beast tonight
- Exclusive: Bellator 100's Ben Saunders extremely confident with guardian angel Bobby Robare in his corner