MMA Odds and Ends for Friday: Vitor Belfort to retire following Uriah Hall fight Sunday
Vitor Belfort plans to retire after fighting Uriah Hall on Sunday
After a career that has spanned over 20 years, Vitor Belfort announced yesterday he plans on retiring following his UFC Fight Night 124 co-main event fight against Uriah Hall on Sunday. Belfort debuted in the UFC at UFC 12 in 1997, winning a heavyweight tournament in just two minutes of fight time.
He had spoken of retiring in the lead-up to his last fight against Nate Marquardt, so perhaps if he defeats Hall, "The Phenom" may reconsider again. Belfort turned 40 years old last year and is a former UFC Light Heavyweight Champion. He also challenged for the middleweight title in his career.
Tyron Woodley makes an appearance on Joe Rogan's MMA show
UFC 220 media conference call
Tags: odds and ends
About the Author
More articles from this author
- Bellator 109's Alexander Shlemenko: 'I see myself winning by knockout as fast as possible'
- MMA Oddsbreaker Rankings Update
- Rallying the MMA Community: The Matt Grice Donation Fund
- Exclusive: Bellator 100's Rick Hawn ready to bring out the inner beast tonight
- Exclusive: Bellator 100's Ben Saunders extremely confident with guardian angel Bobby Robare in his corner