MMAOddsBreaker.com kept a running tally of our staff’s fight picks for all Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) events.
MMA oddsmaker and owner of MMAOddsBreaker.com Nick Kalikas came on top in 2016. Could he repeat? The answer is….yes! After 38 events in in 2017, Nick Kalikas was in firm control of first place, while Brian Hemminger trailed in second place. Here is the tally for the show from two weeks ago.
UFC 219 results
Jay Primetown: 7-2
Robert Doxtater: 6-3
Vegas Matty 5-4
Brian Hemminger: 5-4
James Lynch: 5-4
Gabe Killian: 5-4
Brad Wharton: 5-4
Nick Kalikas: 4-5
Brad Taschuk: 0-0
Note: Everyone also had a draw from the Marvin Vettori vs Omari Akhmedov fight.
While Brian gained a point on Nick at UFC 219, the lead was too vast and he was unable to overtake the MMA oddsmaker in the end. Thus, here are the final results and standings for MMAOB’s staff picks in 2017:
Final 2017 Standings
1st: Nick Kalikas– 304-146 (67.5%)
2nd: Brian Hemminger — 297-153
3rd: James Lynch — 290-160
4th: Jay Primetown — 289-161
5th: Robert Doxtater — 286-164
6th : Vegas Matty — 275-175
7th (tie): Brad Wharton — 274-176
7th (tie): Gabe Killian — 274-176
9th: Brad Taschuk — 241-176
Congratulations to Nick for winning the 2017 staff picks for the second year in a row! He now joins 2014 winner James Lynch, 2015 winner Brad Taschuk and himself from 2016 as a champion! He is also the first repeat champion.
- No one had a perfect event all year, although Brian Hemminger went 11-1 twice (UFC Fight Night 103 and UFC Fight Night 109)
- The worst event anyone had all year was also Brian Hemminger going 3-8 at UFC 209
- Only three staff members were ever in first place in the standings at any point (Nick Kalikas, Brian Hemminger and James Lynch)
- Nick Kalikas took over first place at UFC Fight Night 110 and never relinquished it
- MMAOB Staff agreed unanimously on 103 fights in 2017, going a solid 78-23-2 on those picks (77.2%)
- Unanimous staff picks were red hot to begin the year, going 26-2 through the first 12 events
- The most unanimous picks in an event was six (UFC Fight Night 108)
- The least unanimous picks in an event was zero (three times: UFC Fight Night 119, UFN 220 and UFC 219)
- The best event for unanimous picks was UFC Fight Night 108 when they went 6-0
- The worst event for unanimous picks was the TUF 26 Finale when they went 0-1-1
- The best event cumulatively for MMAOB Staff Picks was UFC 208 (71-19)
- The worst events cumulatively for MMAOB Staff Picks were UFC 209 and UFC 217 (45-54)
- The strangest event was UFC 216, which had two fights change on fight day and two draws
- Brad stopped making picks at UFC Fight Night 123 but still finished tied for the most picks wrong (176)
Disclaimer: This page contains affiliate links and MMA Odds Breaker will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on the links.