MMA Odds and Ends for Tuesday: Paige VanZant vs. Jessica Eye flyweight bout booked for UFC 216
Damon Martin of FloCombat.com broke the news Monday that Paige VanZant will move up to 125 pounds to take on Jessica Eye at UFC 216 on October 7th at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.
VanZant (7-3) hasn't competed since a submission loss to Michelle Waterson in the main event of UFC on FOX 23 this past December. The 23-year-old has alternated between wins and losses in her last four fights, with all of them coming at strawweight (115 pounds).
Eye (11-6) will be looking for her first win since November 2014 and try to snap a four-fight losing streak. The Ohio native was fighting at bantamweight (135 pounds) though and will be moving down to flyweight for the first time since June 2013 when she defeated Carina Damm at NAAFS: Fight Nite in the Flats 9.
Here's an updated look at the card...
Will Brooks vs. Nik Lentz
Abel Trujillo vs. Lando Vannata
Beneil Dariush vs. Evan Dunham
Thales Leites vs. Brad Tavares
Magomed Bibulatov vs. John Moraga
Marco Beltran vs. Matt Schnell
Mark Godbeer vs. Walt Harris
Jessica Eye vs. Paige VanZant
About the Author
Covering Mixed Martial Arts since 2008, James hosts "The Parting Shot" and "The Parting Shot Podcast" with Adam Martin. He's a journalist and video editor for MMAOddsBreaker.com. He's also an MMA journalist for Fightful, FloCombat and Fansided/Sports Illustrated MMA. Like talking MMA? Follow him on Twitter @LynchOnSports.
More articles from this author
- The Parting Shot Podcast - Episode 49: Karim Zidan, Mark Pavelich, Scott Cutbirth
- MMA Odds and Ends for Monday: Bellator 170 highlights, King Mo vs. Rampage II headlines Bellator 175
- The Parting Shot Podcast - Episode 30: Bobby "King" Green
- The Parting Shot Podcast - Episode 31: Damon Martin (FOX Sports), Matt Paligaru
- MMA Odds and Ends for Friday: Report - Former UFC heavyweight champion Kevin Randleman passes away