Game 1 was an easy home win for the Cleveland Indians in what is now at Pick’em World Series. So how will the Chicago Cubs respond in Game 2? Chicago’s chances the rest of the way will likely depend on how well Jake Arrieta pitches opposite Cleveland’s Trevor Bauer in what could be the highest-scoring game of the series. If the Cubs lose the first two games, they will probably need to sweep all three games at Wrigley Field over the weekend to have any shot. The odds are certainly against that happening, making this a must-win for Arrieta. 5Dimes sportsbook has a lot more props on tap for Game 2, some with more value than others. For example, did you know you can bet the Indians to win the World Series by -1 games at +152? They also have adjusted World Series MVP odds, with Cleveland ace Corey Kluber dropping from +1500 to the +500 favorite to win it after his masterful performance in Game 1. If you still like the Cubs to win their first World Series title since 1908, why not take a shot with them -2.5 at +205 in Game 2? The last time they were shut out in the playoffs by the Los Angeles Dodgers in Game 3 of the NLCS, they won three straight by a 23-6 margin. Here are a few more props worth wagering on in Game 2 tonight…
- Chicago’s Willson Contreras hits+runs+RBI OVER 1.5 – Contreras is one of the best pure hitters the Cubs have, and he doubled in limited Game 1 action after replacing David Ross
- Chicago’s Jason Heyward no hits (-105) – Heyward is hitless in the last four games he has stepped to the plate along with six of the last seven
- 1st home run a solo homer (+135) – it happened in Game 1 on the first of two shots from Cleveland’s Roberto Perez, and I think it’s the best bet to happen again
- Cleveland’s Francisco Lindor total bases (-110) vs. Chicago’s Kris Bryant (-120) – Lindor’s MVP odds have dropped too from +2500 to +1400 after going 3-for-4 with a stolen base in Game 1, and he has been the team’s most consistent hitter in the postseason
- OVER 8.5 runs (+150) – I really think this could be the highest-scoring game of the series based on the starting pitchers
Disclaimer: This page contains affiliate links and MMA Odds Breaker will be compensated if you make a purchase after clicking on the links.