Final Standings - MMAOddsBreaker Staff Picks 2014Hey guys, as you know, we've been keeping track of every pick from every staff member for all UFC events of 2014. Now that the final UFC event of 2014 has finished with UFC Fight Night 58 taking place last night, we can provide an official update to our year-end standings: First off, here are the pick results of each staff member from last night: Gabe Killian: 8-4 Adam Martin: 9-3 James Lynch: 8-4 Brad Taschuk: 8-4 Brian Hemminger: 9-3 Nick Kalikas: 8-4 And with those tallies added to our year-end total of 500 fights predicted (with three bouts thrown out due to no contests or draws) we end up with this: 1st Place: James Lynch -- 328-172 (65.6%) 2nd Place: Brian Hemminger -- 323-177 (64.6%) 3rd Place: Nick Kalikas -- 321-179 (64.2%) 4th Place: Adam Martin -- 320-180 (64%) 5th Place: Brad Taschuk -- 312-188 (62.4%) 6th Place: Gabe Killian -- 307-193 (61.4%) Congratulations to James Lynch, host of The Parting Shot podcast! He was in command for the majority of the second half of 2014 and never fully surrendered his lead. We'll be starting fresh with UFC 182 on January 3rd, 2015. Can James retain his title? Follow along in 2015 to find out! Fun facts:
- Staff members had 227 unanimous picks on the year and were correct on 168 of them, which resulted in a 74% clip overall.
- The best events for our staff were The Ultimate Fighter Brazil 3 Finale, where we went 8 for 8 with our unanimous picks and The Ultimate Fighter Nations Finale, where we went 7 for 7 with our unanimous picks.
- Every staff member was in first place at some point in the year.
- Everyone also has a draw and two no contests on their record due to the Johnny Bedford vs Rani Yahya, Norman Parke vs Leonardo Santos and the KJ Noons vs Daron Cruickshank bouts.
About the Author
Brian Hemminger has been involved in MMA since 2007, and is highly regarded for his well-researched and knowledgeable interviews. He has hosted The Verbal Submission MMA podcast for three years and was a staff writer at MMAmania.com from 2011 to 2013 with an extensive background in live coverage, fight previews and post-fight analysis.
More articles from this author
- Bellator 109's Alexander Shlemenko: 'I see myself winning by knockout as fast as possible'
- MMA Oddsbreaker Rankings Update
- Rallying the MMA Community: The Matt Grice Donation Fund
- Exclusive: Bellator 100's Rick Hawn ready to bring out the inner beast tonight
- Exclusive: Bellator 100's Ben Saunders extremely confident with guardian angel Bobby Robare in his corner