Rallying the MMA Community: The Matt Grice Donation Fundput together a donation page via the charity website HopeMob.org. Below is the message they relayed to anyone interested in offering their support.
On Sunday, Sept 8th, off-duty Officer Matt Grice was involved in a serious multi-car accident in Shawnee, OK. The accident left him in critical condition. Grice, also a UFC fighter, most recently fought against Dennis Bermudez in a Fight of the Year candidate. The R-1 MMA representative was scheduled to face Jeremy Larsen next month at UFC 166 in Houston, but has since been removed from the fight card. Matt is a devoted husband and also a father of 2 young girls. The Grice family thanks all of you for all of your positive thoughts and prayers in this tough time of need. You can email your best wishes to Matt and family at , tweet him at @mattgricemma, or post on his Facebook fan page at https://www.facebook.com/mattgricemmaIf you're interested in donating, feel free to check out the homepage and offer what you can. At time of this publishing, they've already reached $899 of their $5,000 goal. Our deepest thoughts are with Matt and his family in this time of need.
About the Author
Brian Hemminger has been involved in MMA since 2007, and is highly regarded for his well-researched and knowledgeable interviews. He has hosted The Verbal Submission MMA podcast for three years and was a staff writer at MMAmania.com from 2011 to 2013 with an extensive background in live coverage, fight previews and post-fight analysis.
More articles from this author
- Bellator 109's Alexander Shlemenko: 'I see myself winning by knockout as fast as possible'
- MMA Oddsbreaker Rankings Update
- Exclusive: Bellator 100's Rick Hawn ready to bring out the inner beast tonight
- Exclusive: Bellator 100's Ben Saunders extremely confident with guardian angel Bobby Robare in his corner
- Exclusive: UFC 165's John Makdessi 'When I'm 100 percent mentally, I truly believe no one can beat me'