UFC Fight Night 132 Opening Odds Reactions
UFC Fight Night 132 takes place Saturday, June 23 at Singapore Indoor Arena in Kallang, Singapore. The offshore sportsbooks recently opened up the full odds for the card, and here they are.
UFC Fight Night 132 Opening Odds
Donald Cerrone -155
Leon Edwards +115
Tyson Pedro -120
Ovince Saint Preux -120
Jessica-Rose Clark -170
Jessica Eye +130
Li Jingliang -320
Daichi Abe +240
Petr Yan -350
Teruto Ishihara +250
Felipe Arantes -175
Song Yadong +135
Jake Matthews -400
Shinsho Anzai +280
Song Kenan -165
Hector Aldana +125
Shane Young -175
Rolando Dy +135
Ulka Sasaki -365
Jenel Lausa +255
Naoki Inoue -165
Matt Schnell +125
Viviane Pereira -230
Yan Xiaonan +170
And here are my thoughts on the opening odds for UFC Fight Night 132:
- It looks like the oddsmakers blew the opening line for Cerrone (33-10, 1 NC) vs. Edwards (15-3) as they opened Cerrone as a solid favorite and the line has completely flipped to Edwards as a significant favorite, which I believe is correct. As good of a career as Cerrone's had, I just don't trust his chin at this point of his career going up against an accurate, powerful striker on a roll like Edwards. The Brit has looked amazing lately and is well deserving of his main event spot. Anyone who took Edwards as a dog got really good value here, as he should stay as a big favorite up until fight time.
- A fighter who was briefly a dog is Yadong (11-3, 2 NC) who takes on the veteran Arantes (18-9-1, 2 NC) in what is a big step up. Yadong has been fighting as a pro since he was just 15 and he has really excelled as of late as he's won his last four fights. Team Alpha Male head coach Urijah Faber has been speaking highly of Yadong and he looks like someone who could really make a run up the bantamweight division rankgs. The UFC is doing him no favors here by matching him up against Arantes, who is 5-5-1 in the UFC since 2012. Arantes has shown he knows what it takes to win, but he's fallen on hard times as of late by losing his last two fights. I think Yadong has a good chance to win this fight and I wasn't surprised at all to see the line flip and him become the favorite now.
- One of the top prospects on this card making his UFC debut is Yan (8-1) taking on Ishihara (10-5-2). Yan is a super prospect out of ACB while Ishihara has proven at this point that he's barely a UFC fighter. I expect Yan to dominate this fight, and he deserves to be a huge favorite despite Ishihara's Octagon experience. Look for Yan to quickly rise up the ranks in the UFC's bantamweight division.
- I don't understand why the UFC buried Matthews on the prelims of this card while they put Jingliang on the main card when Matthews just beat him in his last fight. Anyways, Matthews (13-3) takes on Abe (10-2) in a fight that the Aussie is a huge favorite in, and I expect him to dominate this fight. I really like how Matthews looks at 170 and I think there's a good chance he finishes this fight.
Tags: opening odds
About the Author
Mixed martial arts journalist. Lead writer for MMAOddsbreaker.com and also featured at @MMARatingsNet, @mmanews_com and @fightodds_io.
More articles from this author
- Bellator 109 Sneak Peek: Rick Hawn (-450) vs. Ron Keslar (+330)
- Bellator 109 Sneak Peak: Alexander "Tiger" Sarnavskiy (-195) vs. Will Brooks (+160)
- MMA Betting Odds and Ends for Tuesday, January 22
- MMA Odds and Ends for Monday: Mitrione Suspended By UFC
- UFC Fight Night 40 Opening Odds Breakdown: Erick Silva vs. Matt Brown