MMA Odds and Ends for Thursday: Gilbert Burns vs Olivier Aubin-Mercier removed from UFC on Fox 28
Burns vs Aubin-Mercier scratched from UFC on Fox 28
The UFC medical team declared Gilbert Burns "medically unfit to compete" after arriving in Orlando at 186 pounds for his planned lightweight fight against Olivier Aubin-Mercier this weekend. The officials determined it would be unsafe for Burns to cut the weight necessary to make the 156-pound limit for the planned contest.
Burns have never missed weight in his seven-fight UFC career.
The event will continue as a 12-fight card.
Free Fight: Jeremy Stephens vs Marcus Davis
About the Author
More articles from this author
- Bellator 109's Alexander Shlemenko: 'I see myself winning by knockout as fast as possible'
- MMA Oddsbreaker Rankings Update
- Rallying the MMA Community: The Matt Grice Donation Fund
- Exclusive: Bellator 100's Rick Hawn ready to bring out the inner beast tonight
- Exclusive: Bellator 100's Ben Saunders extremely confident with guardian angel Bobby Robare in his corner