MMA Odds and Ends for Tuesday: Chuck Liddell training for potential comeback
Liddell coming out of retirement?
Former UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Chuck Liddell recently told TMZ Sports that he was training and staying ready in case a fight materializes. Liddell retired following a knockout loss to Rich Franklin at UFC 114 in 2010, his third consecutive knockout defeat. He was given a job with UFC management, but was fired after Zuffa's sale to WME. Liddell mentioned Tito Ortiz and Chael Sonnen as possible opponents.
Personally, I hope he stays retired. The game had begun to pass Liddell by back in 2010, and it's only going to get worse from here at this point. He has absolutely nothing left to prove.
Chael Sonnen rants on Byrd #BadByrd
Speaking of Chael Sonnen, he recently had a 22-minute rant about judge Adalaide Byrd on his podcast. Feel free to check it out right here.
Free Fight: Donald Cerrone vs Jim Miller
About the Author
More articles from this author
- Bellator 109's Alexander Shlemenko: 'I see myself winning by knockout as fast as possible'
- MMA Oddsbreaker Rankings Update
- Rallying the MMA Community: The Matt Grice Donation Fund
- Exclusive: Bellator 100's Rick Hawn ready to bring out the inner beast tonight
- Exclusive: Bellator 100's Ben Saunders extremely confident with guardian angel Bobby Robare in his corner