MMA Odds and Ends for Monday: Amanda Nunes vs Raquel Pennington targeted for UFC 224
Nunes vs Pennington at UFC 224
The Brazilian site Combate is reporting that a women's 135 pound title bout is in the works between champion Amanda Nunes and challenger Raquel Pennington for UFC 224 on May 12 in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Nunes (15-4) won the title from Miesha Tate at UFC 200 then defended the belt successfully against Ronda Rousey and most recently Valentina Shevchenko. Pennington (9-5) has won four consecutive bouts, defeating former champion Miesha Tate most recently as well as title challengers Jessica Andrade and Bethe Correia. Pennington's only losses thus inside the Octagon far have been split decisions to former champion Holly Holm and Andrade (which she avenged).
Look for Nunes to open as a moderate to high betting favorite. Pennington is tough, but she doesn't possess her opponent's athleticism, power or finishing ability.
UFC 211 Highlights
Luke Rockhold vs Yoel Romero
Mark Hunt vs Curtis Blaydes
Alexander Volkanovski vs Jeremy Kennedy
Jussier Formiga vs Ben Nguyen
Tags: odds and ends
About the Author
More articles from this author
- Bellator 109's Alexander Shlemenko: 'I see myself winning by knockout as fast as possible'
- MMA Oddsbreaker Rankings Update
- Rallying the MMA Community: The Matt Grice Donation Fund
- Exclusive: Bellator 100's Rick Hawn ready to bring out the inner beast tonight
- Exclusive: Bellator 100's Ben Saunders extremely confident with guardian angel Bobby Robare in his corner