Stipe Miocic vs Daniel Cormier UFC 226 Heavyweight Title Opening Odds
UFC Heavyweight Champion Stipe Miocic set the consecutive title defense record last weekend when he defeated Francis Ngannou via unanimous decision to earn his third straight defense. On the same night, UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Daniel Cormier vanquished Volkan Oezdemir via second round TKO, which was also his third title defense.
After the bout, UFC President Dana White announced Miocic would battle Cormier for the UFC Heavyweight Title.
The heavyweight division is no stranger to Cormier (20-1, 1 no contest), he won the Strikeforce Heavyweight Grand Prix as an alternate by knocking out Antonio Silva and then earning a one-sided unanimous decision against Josh Barnatt. He also began his UFC career by going 2-0 inside the Octagon with victories over Frank Mir and Roy Nelson before dropping down to 205 pounds.
Miocic (18-2) has now won six consecutive bouts, earning victories over former champions Fabricio Werdum, Andrei Arlovski and Junior dos Santos along the way.
MMA oddsmaker Nick Kalikas opened the lines for the champion vs champion bout late last week via 5Dimes Sportsbook.
Early action has come in on Miocic, pushing him to a 2 to 1 favorite.
UFC 226: Miocic vs. Cormier
Las Vegas, Nevada
Saturday - July 7, 2018
Daniel Cormier +125
Stipe Miocic -155
Over 3.5 -150
Under 3.5 +110
Tags: opening odds
About the Author
More articles from this author
- Bellator 109's Alexander Shlemenko: 'I see myself winning by knockout as fast as possible'
- MMA Oddsbreaker Rankings Update
- Rallying the MMA Community: The Matt Grice Donation Fund
- Exclusive: Bellator 100's Rick Hawn ready to bring out the inner beast tonight
- Exclusive: Bellator 100's Ben Saunders extremely confident with guardian angel Bobby Robare in his corner