MMA Odds and Ends for Wednesday: Chad Mendes hints at return
Chad Mendes hints at Octagon return
Former three-time featherweight title challenger Chad Mendes posted a picture of himself inside the Octagon yesterday on his Instagram account with a simple message, "Tick tock."
Mendes tested positive for a growth hormone release stimulator back in June of 2016 and accepted a mandatory two-year suspension from USADA. He's eligible to return in June. At the time of his suspension, Mendes had lost his last two fights, most recently being knocked out by Frankie Edgar in December of 2015. He has kept busy by participating in grappling competitions as the end of his suspension nears.
Joe Rogan MMA Show: Pat Barry and Rose Namajunas
KO of the Week: Derek Brunson vs Dan Kelly
Tags: odds and ends
About the Author
More articles from this author
- Bellator 109's Alexander Shlemenko: 'I see myself winning by knockout as fast as possible'
- MMA Oddsbreaker Rankings Update
- Rallying the MMA Community: The Matt Grice Donation Fund
- Exclusive: Bellator 100's Rick Hawn ready to bring out the inner beast tonight
- Exclusive: Bellator 100's Ben Saunders extremely confident with guardian angel Bobby Robare in his corner