MMA Odds and Ends for Tuesday: Herrig vs Kowalkiewicz official for UFC 223
Felice Herrig vs Karolina Kowalkiewicz booked for UFC 223
A women's strawweight contest between top 10 115-pounders Felice Herrig and Karolina Kowalkiewicz has been made official for UFC 223. Herrig (14-6) has won four consecutive fights including impressive victories over Alexa Grasso and Cortney Casey. Kowalkiewicz (11-2) is a former title challenger and holds a decision victory over current champion Rose Namajunas.
I would expect Kowalkiewicz to open as a medium betting favorite due to her performances against the best the division has to offer, but don't sleep on Herrig, who is fighting at the best level of her entire career at the moment.
Maryna Moroz vs Angela Hill at UFC on Fox 28
UFC Orlando has added a thrilling women's strawweight contest as former Invicta champion Angela Hill takes on Maryna Moroz. Moroz was originally supposed to fight Jamie Moyle at UFC 220, but an injury forced Moyle out of the contest. In steps Hill (7-4), who is coming off a decision loss to Nina Ansaroff this past November. Moroz (8-2) had her two-fight winning streak snapped by former champion Carla Esparza this past June.
Moroz will likely open as a slight favorite, but this fight should be close especially if it stays standing.
Joe Rogan MMA Show #12: Ben Askren
About the Author
More articles from this author
- Bellator 109's Alexander Shlemenko: 'I see myself winning by knockout as fast as possible'
- MMA Oddsbreaker Rankings Update
- Rallying the MMA Community: The Matt Grice Donation Fund
- Exclusive: Bellator 100's Rick Hawn ready to bring out the inner beast tonight
- Exclusive: Bellator 100's Ben Saunders extremely confident with guardian angel Bobby Robare in his corner