MMA Odds and Ends for Thursday: Khabib Nurmagomedov vs Tony Ferguson booked for UFC 223
Khabib Nurmagomedov vs Tony Ferguson at UFC 223
Yesterday Dana White announced a lightweight title fight between current interim champion Tony Ferguson and undefeated top contender Khabib Nurmagomedov at UFC 223 in April. There is no word yet on whether the bout will be for Ferguson's interim title or if the UFC is going to strip Conor McGregor of his belt and make this bout for the real UFC Lightweight Championship.
Ferguson (23-3) has won 10 consecutive bouts in the UFC, most recently finishing Kevin Lee via third round triangle choke to capture the interim 155-pound belt. Nurmagomedov (25-0) has won all nine of his UFC fights, most recently drubbing top contender Edson Barboza just three weeks ago. Nurmogomedov is the betting favorite at the sportsbooks, with a line opening yesterday.
UFC Lightweight Title Odds
Tony Ferguson +170
Khabib Nurmagomedov -215
Click Here To Bet This Fight!
Cynthia Calvillo fails drug test
Top women's strawweight prospect Cynthia Calvillo tested positive for marijuana metabolites following her recent unanimous decision loss to Carla Esparza at UFC 219. The test stems from an in-competition sample for the bout.
The most recent first-time offender, Kelvin Gastelum, received a 3-month suspension so I would expect something similar in this case.
UFC 220 Embedded Vlog Series - Episode 3
About the Author
More articles from this author
- Bellator 109's Alexander Shlemenko: 'I see myself winning by knockout as fast as possible'
- MMA Oddsbreaker Rankings Update
- Rallying the MMA Community: The Matt Grice Donation Fund
- Exclusive: Bellator 100's Rick Hawn ready to bring out the inner beast tonight
- Exclusive: Bellator 100's Ben Saunders extremely confident with guardian angel Bobby Robare in his corner