ToutMaster 2017: Post-UFC 219
ToutMaster 2017 (presented by MMAOddsbreaker.com and TheMMA-Analysis Podcast) concluded on Saturday, December 30 with UFC 219 in Las Vegas, Nevada. Here’s the final top 15 leaderboard for those that placed in the money in this year's competition:
After what was a long battle between teamxbladz and FFF-Oddsb.com, it was teamxbladz that won out to win the 2017 ToutMaster competition with a total of 332.2 points. With the victory, teamxbladz took home the top prize as well as the ToutMaster Championship Belt given to the winner of each yearly competition. FFF-Oddsb.com finished second with 327.9 points.
Rounding out the top five are e51502 with 322.45 points. Farther back were e5150 at 315.95 and Maestro V at 315.40.
The top ranked score for UFC 219 was 10.15 points by Andrewswordy. He correctly picked seven of nine winners on the card. Most importantly, he correctly picked Carla Esparza and Michal Oleksiejczuk. Both of those fighters were over +200 underdogs.
To check out the final 2017 standings, click the following link:
Some additional notes on the card:
- Favorites to win: 5
- Underdogs to win: 4
- Biggest Underdog to win: Michal Oleksiejczuk (2.40 points)
- Biggest Consensus Pick: Khalil Rountree (77) / Michal Oleksiejczuk (18)
- Biggest Consensus Pick (2017 Record): 31-7
- Most Contentious Pick: Tim Elliott (49) / Mark De La Rosa (47)
- Consensus Underdog Picks: Carla Esparza, Rick Glenn, Holly Holm, Neil Magny, Louis Smolka
- Consensus Underdog Picks Event Record:2-3
- Consensus Underdog Picks in 2017 (More contestants picked underdog than favorite): 31-46
Signups are underway for the 2018 ToutMaster competition. If you would like to receive a set of contest rules and sign up for the contest, contact Jay Primetown via Twitter: @JayPrimetown or by email: . Registration closes for the 2018 contest on Sunday, January 7.