MMA Odds and Ends for Friday: Lyoto Machida vs. Eryk Anders set for UFC Belem main event
MMA Kings broke the news Thursday that undefeated middleweight Eryk Anders will headline UFC Belem on Feb. 3 against former UFC light heavyweight champion Lyoto Machida.
Anders (10-0) has won back-to-back fights since signing with the UFC this summer, including a unanimous decision victory over Markus Perez at UFC Fresno last weekend. The former NCAA football champion has finished seven of his ten career opponents. Machida (22-8) heads into this matchup on a three-fight losing streak, including a first-round TKO setback to Derek Brunson at UFC Fight Night 119 in October. "The Dragon" will be looking for his first win since December 2014.
About the Author
Covering Mixed Martial Arts since 2008, James hosts "The Parting Shot" and "The Parting Shot Podcast" with Adam Martin. He's a journalist and video editor for MMAOddsBreaker.com. He's also an MMA journalist for Fightful, FloCombat and Fansided/Sports Illustrated MMA. Like talking MMA? Follow him on Twitter @LynchOnSports.
More articles from this author
- The Parting Shot Podcast - Episode 49: Karim Zidan, Mark Pavelich, Scott Cutbirth
- MMA Odds and Ends for Monday: Bellator 170 highlights, King Mo vs. Rampage II headlines Bellator 175
- The Parting Shot Podcast - Episode 30: Bobby "King" Green
- The Parting Shot Podcast - Episode 31: Damon Martin (FOX Sports), Matt Paligaru
- MMA Odds and Ends for Friday: Report - Former UFC heavyweight champion Kevin Randleman passes away