MMA Odds and Ends for Wednesday: Valentina Shevchenko vs. Priscila Cachoeira set for UFC Belem
UFC officials announced Tuesday that Valentina Shevchenko will drop to flyweight to face Priscila Cachoeira at UFC Fight Night 125 in Belem, Brazil on Feb. 3.
Shevchenko (14-3) lost her bid at women's bantamweight title when she lost a split decision to champion Amanda Nunes at UFC 215 in September. The 29-year-old is 2-2 in her last four fights with both of those losses coming against Nunes.
Cachoeira (8-0) has her UFC debut at The Ultimate Fighter 26 Finale postponed against veteran Lauren Murphy due to visa issues back on Dec. 1. The Rio de Janeiro native has finished four of her last five opponents.
UFC on FOX 26: Winnipeg: Road to the Octagon (Full Episode)
About the Author
Covering Mixed Martial Arts since 2008, James hosts "The Parting Shot" and "The Parting Shot Podcast" with Adam Martin. He's a journalist and video editor for MMAOddsBreaker.com. He's also an MMA journalist for Fightful, FloCombat and Fansided/Sports Illustrated MMA. Like talking MMA? Follow him on Twitter @LynchOnSports.
More articles from this author
- The Parting Shot Podcast - Episode 49: Karim Zidan, Mark Pavelich, Scott Cutbirth
- MMA Odds and Ends for Monday: Bellator 170 highlights, King Mo vs. Rampage II headlines Bellator 175
- The Parting Shot Podcast - Episode 30: Bobby "King" Green
- The Parting Shot Podcast - Episode 31: Damon Martin (FOX Sports), Matt Paligaru
- MMA Odds and Ends for Friday: Report - Former UFC heavyweight champion Kevin Randleman passes away