MMA Odds and Ends for Wednesday: Michael Johnson vs. Darren Elkins added to UFC Fight Night 124
Michael Johnson will drop to the featherweight division to face Darren Elkins at UFC St. Louis on Jan. 14. Globo was the first to report the news but UFC officials announced the matchup today. Additionally, Michael Santiago will face Mads Burnell on the card.
Johnson (17-12) heads into his 145-pound debut off back-to-back losses including a TKO setback to Justin Gaethje at the TUF 25 Finale this past July. The 31-year-old is currently 1-4 in his last five fights. Elikins (23-5) is currently riding a five-fight win streak including a split decision nod of Dennis Bermudez at UFC on FOX 25.
Santiago (21-10) is coming off a second-round submission loss to Zabit Magomedsharipov in September at UFC Rotterdam. The Contender Series veteran will be looking for his first win in the UFC. Burnell (8-2) is coming off a submission loss to Michel Prazeres and will also be looking for his first win inside the Octagon.
Tags: fight announcements
About the Author
Covering Mixed Martial Arts since 2008, James hosts "The Parting Shot" and is a journalist, Video Editor and Social Media Manager for MMAOddsBreaker.com. He's also an MMA journalist Sportsnet.ca and FloCombat.com. Like talking MMA? Follow him on Twitter @LynchOnSports
More articles from this author
- The Parting Shot Podcast - Episode 49: Karim Zidan, Mark Pavelich, Scott Cutbirth
- MMA Odds and Ends for Monday: Bellator 170 highlights, King Mo vs. Rampage II headlines Bellator 175
- The Parting Shot Podcast - Episode 30: Bobby "King" Green
- The Parting Shot Podcast - Episode 31: Damon Martin (FOX Sports), Matt Paligaru
- MMA Odds and Ends for Friday: Report - Former UFC heavyweight champion Kevin Randleman passes away